If you feel boring with your 2 column blog template and want to make it to 3 column template. HOW-TO HOUSE will bring you the tutorial here. Well, let's get started, "How To Make a 3 Column Template on Blogspot''.
Let's start :
- Go to the Settings tab > Permission tab. Change blog permissions and restrict it. So only authors can see it as we don't want anyone viewing it while you coding your blog page.
- Now it's time to working with the code. Go to the Layout > Edit HTML. First you need to expand the width of the outer-wrapper, to put new column.
- and change the width from 660px to 980px.
- Do the same for the header, unless you want your blogs header to stay the same width : 660px.
- Now copy the following
- Then, add it to your template (screenshot)
- Now, add the XHTML code for the new column so copy the following code :
<b:section class='sidebar' id='sidebar' preferred='yes'/>
- Put it between the content-wrapper and the main-wrapper. (screenshot)
- Now add a margin to the left of the main-wrapper. So it pushes the main post into about the center of the page, also adjust the width of the main-wrapper from 410px to 460px
- If you would like to center your blog description, remove the
from the CSS code within the description class (screenshot)
- Now you need to add this final code and you're DONE!!
/* tweaks for wireframe */
- Save your template. Your page elements tab should look like this.
Now your finished and got your 3 column template for your blog.